Ladies and gentlemen!
The Department of Accounting of the University of Gdańsk invites you to participate in the National Congress of Accounting Departments, which will be held on 22-24 of September 2021.
The main Congress theme is "Ways of Accounting Development".
In view of the persisting, difficult pandemic situation and the uncertainty as to the financial resources that individual Departments will have at their disposal this year, the Organizing Committee of the National Conference of Accounting Departments has decided to hold the Conference remotely. The deadline for submission of articles has been extended. We also offer the opportunity to publish in the Central European Economic Journal issued by the University of Warsaw (currently 40 points, www.ceej.wne.uw.edu.pl). Detailed information is provided below:
- Registration: Participants must register via the website ozkr2021.syskonf.pl using the "Zarejestruj się" [Register] tab.
(Note: the persons who do not want to participate in the conference, but only intend to publish a paper, an article or a monograph, must register as well. Texts should be submitted via the "Artykuły" [Articles] tab).
- Deadline for submission of texts for publication: Articles to be published in the special issue of the Zeszyty Teoretyczne Rachunkowości [Theoretical Journal of Accounting], articles to be published in the Central European Economic Journal, as well as papers to be published in collective works should be sent via the conference website, using tab "Artykuły" [Articles] tab, by the 30th of April 2021.
- Approval of the texts submitted for publication, delegation of selected articles for publication in the Zeszyty Teoretyczne Rachunkowości [Theoretical Journal of Accounting] and the Central European Economic Journal – by the 15th of May 2021.
In view of the dynamic socio-economic changes taking place in the world around us, we want to seek answers to a number of questions: what stage of development is accounting presently at, what goals should it achieve and what functions should it fulfil in the global economy, what is the position of accounting science in the social sciences domain, which direction is modern accounting evolving in. We would also like to analyse the challenges posed by the pandemic and the consequent economic crisis.
The Congress deliberations will be focused on the following issues:
- the accounting science,
- the legal regulations in financial reporting,
- audit and assurance,
- management accounting and performance management,
- accounting education (accounting didactics),
- information technology in accounting.
Apart from the mainstream discussion, we also plan to hold parallel sessions – during which Authors of the most interesting articles will have the opportunity to present the results of completed research.
Chairman of the Congress Organizing Committee
Prof. Dr. habil. Jerzy Gierusz
Prof. Dr. habil. Jerzy Gierusz, University of Gdansk
Dr. habil. Mariusz Andrzejewski, Cracow University of Economics
Members of the National Congress of Accounting Departments Scientific Board - Sopot 2021
Dr.habil. Anna Białek-Jaworska, University of Warsaw
Prof. Dr. habil. Jolanta Chluska, Czestochowa University of Technology
Prof. Dr. habil. Dorota Dobija, Kozminski University in Warsaw
Prof. Dr. habil. Waldemar Gos, University of Szczecin
Prof. Dr. habil. Anna Karmańska, Warsaw School of Economics
Dr. habil. Przemysław Lech, University of Gdansk
Prof. Dr. habil. Zbigniew Luty, Wroclaw University of Economics
Dr. habil. Bartłomiej Nita, Wroclaw University of Economics
Prof. Dr. habil. Marzena Remlein, Poznan University of Economics
Dr. habil. Arleta Szadziewska, University of Gdansk
Prof. Dr. habil. Anna Szychta, University of Lodz
Prof. Dr. habil. Ewa Walińska, University of Lodz
Prof. Dr. habil. Dariusz Wędzki, Cracow University of Economics
One of the significant National Congress of Accounting Departments achievements is the publication output. The organizers hope that the meeting to be held in Sopot in September 2021 will also result in many valuable publications.
We plan to publish:
- Seven monographs dedicated to selected issues in the field of the broadly understood accounting:
- financial reporting in accordance with the IFRS (coordinator Dr. Maciej Gierusz),
- accounting in financial institutions (coordinator Dr. Ewa Spigarska),
- corporate taxes (coordinator Dr. Leszek Maciej Hyży),
- behavioural aspects of accounting (coordinator Dr. Nelli Artienwicz),
- sustainable development aspects of management accounting (coordinator Dr. habil. Arleta Szadziewska),
- impression management in reporting (coordinator Dr. Grzegorz Bucior),
- balanced scorecard (coordinators: Dr. Marek Ossowski, Dr Beata Zackiewicz-Brunke).
Teams of 3-4 Authors representing various academic centres nationwide have been formed, which are preparing individual works.
- Special issue of the Theoretical Journal of Accounting, sponsored by the Accountants Association in Poland.
- One book publication, containing collections of the papers sent for the Congress.
The seven monographs, as well as the collective work, will be published by the Ius Publicum Publishing House (Instytut Prawa Gospodarczego Sp. z o.o.), which listed by Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
As the organizers intend to publish all papers/articles/monographs before the Congress, please send texts before the deadline:
April 30, 2021
Articles accepted for review must meet the following conditions: the required volume (0.5 of the standard manuscript format) and compliance with the publisher’s editorial requirements.
Please prepare the articles intended for publication in the Theoretical Journal of Accounting in accordance with the requirements of the ZTR publishing house.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Dr. Ewa Spigarska, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anna Kamińska-Stańczak, email: email@example.com
Invoice and fees queries:
Dr. Maciej Hyży, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website operation queries:
Dr. Grzegorz Bucior, email: email@example.com
Dr. Aleksandra Żurawik, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other organizational queries:
Dr. Sylwia Silska-Gembka, email: email@example.com
Head of the Organizing Committee
Prof. Dr. habil. Jerzy Gierusz
Congress on-line programme
Wednesday 09/22/2021 - Day I
3:00 PM-3.30 PM Opening of the Congress (speeches presented by invited guests)
3:30 PM-5:00 PM Plenary session I (science)
5:00 PM-5:15 PM Break
5:15 PM-6:45 PM Plenary session II (financial reporting regulations)
7:00 PM Meeting of the Heads of Departments
Thursday 09/23/2021 - Day II
9:00 AM-10:30 AM Plenary session III (audit and assurance) + parallel sessions
10:30 AM-10:45 AM Break
10:45 AM-12:15 PM Plenary session IV (education) + parallel sessions
12:15 AM-1:00 PM Break
1:00 PM-2:30 PM Plenary session V (accounting profession) + parallel sessions
Friday 09/24/2021 - Day III
9:00 AM-10:30 AM Plenary session VI (management accounting and performance management) + parallel sessions
10:30 AM-10:45 AM Break
10:45 AM-12:15 PM Plenary session VII (IT) + parallel sessions
12:15 PM-1:00 PM Break
1:00 PM-2:30 PM Plenary session VIII (shared services centres) + parallel sessions
2:30 PM-3:00 PM Summary of the Congress